"Maybe one day, by accident or poetry, you like to stay?" - Chico Buarque.


Caetano Veloso Tonada de Luna llena

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

One Summer Night





"One summer night, out on a flat
headland, all but surrounded by the
waters of the bay, the horizons were
remote and distant rims on the edge
of space. Millions of stars blazed in
darkness, and on the far shore a few
lights burned in cottages. Otherwise
there was no reminder of human life.
My companion and I were alone with
the stars: the mistry river of the
Milky Way flowing across the sky, the
patterns of the constellations
standing out bright and clear, a
blazing planet low on the horizon. It
ooccurred to me that if this were a
sight that could be seen only once in
a century, this little headland would
be thronged with spectators. But it
can be see many scores of nights in
any year, and so the lights burned in
the cottages and the inhabitants
probably gave not a throught to the
beauty overhead; and because they
could see it almost any night,
perhaps they never will."



~ Rachel Carson ~

2 comments :

  1. Depicted in a beautiful way ~ I can feel this moment : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often look at the stars .....
    Thanks for your surprising comments on both my blogs.

    Will I see you again ?

    Love and light from the Netherlands,

    Mapi

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments- find a minute or two to share your views